Thursday, December 11, 2014

Favor Bag and Envelope Banners

The holidays are approaching and you can add a simple piece of decor for your home or even office. I purchased some clearance invitations from Target last year for .25 cents, and I also had purchased some favor bags on clearance as well. You can use any envelopes, and I am sure you could use some from a set of invites from the dollar store.

I took the favor bags, and glued them to the red envelopes from the invitation pack.  Then I had some gold stars and letters in my craft stash. I added them to my favorite pom pom yarn.  I put some hot glue on the poms, and then attached the back of the envelope to them.


I've actually made a few banners now with favor bags. I love using them instead of having to purchase the pre cut banner pieces that tend to be a little more expensive at a craft store.

Here is a close up shot of my JOY banner with the favor bags.



I took the invitations, and cut the trees in half where the lettering was on the front. Then I layered the top over top of the lettering to cover it up for the banner.  Then I glued the invitations on the envelopes to create a second banner. These two banners cost me less than two dollars to make total.  Target always has a great clearance section after holidays of course, and so I'm going to make sure I hit those aisles up this year.

Hope you are enjoying your time prepping for the holidays. Have a great evening!


2 comments:

  1. Adorable. I love that all your projects are both easy and inexpensive. The invitation garland is kind of brilliant, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Target's clearance section! Both banners are cute and a perfect example of re-purposing and creativity, love the one with the Christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)