Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mr and Mrs. Chair Signs

This year I have three friends who are tying the knot. Considering we have not really been too many weddings recently it is a lot of fun making up small gifts for these ladies.   Once again I made some signs for the bride and groom, and made them in a different way than the previous signs I shared.

I found these chalkboard circles for a buck at Michaels and purchased two. 
Using my Silhouette I cut out the lettering for the signs and small starfish. I used about half of a 12 x 12 sheet of sand colored vinyl.  This is a beach wedding, so I thought that the starfish would be appropriate. I took out the black rope that the circles came with and replaced them with some off white ribbon that I had.
They will be a simple addition to the chairs of the bride and groom at their beach side wedding.

7 comments:

  1. Love these Megan! What a great idea! I hope you guys had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I have friends getting married this summer and they are both teachers so little chalkboards would be an adorable touch at their wedding. I will have to look for those at Michaels! For 2$ EACH... I have also used black foamboard as a makeshift chalkboard before... I guess I could do that too. Thanks for sharing this fun idea!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to start a whole blog based on your Silhouette projects. You truly are the queen! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and clever idea Megan! Still envious of your Silhouette, you do such great stuff with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might have to do the same. I am so inspired by your recent wedding/bridal shower gifts. Thank goodness I have one of each coming up soon. The Mr. and Mrs. signs are so fun...I wish I had used some when I got married.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm something weird is happening when I try to comment, love it and hope my comment comes through xo

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)