Monday, May 6, 2013

Lantern Gift for Mother's Day

If you know me you probably know I enjoy giving gifts in something other than wrapping paper or a gift bag. When I saw this lantern at Marshalls I knew it could house a gift idea inside. Instead of the traditional candle I enclosed some Maryland related goodies.  I added an anchor that I cut from my Silhouette to the back panel of glass. The best part is that this is easily removable if the anchor does not fit a particular decor.

I cut out several crab shapes on the Silhouette and added them to wooden crab knockers, a jar of Old Bay seasoning, and an envelope that has a gift card to a local restaurant where the my mother-in-law can pick up a bushel of crabs.

Here it is all packed up and ready to head to go.  I hope that my mother in law enjoys the gift. I know that I am in the mood for some crabs sometime soon. It certainly is one of the best warm weather activities I look forward to taking part in.
Thank you for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. so cute! and i think i need to take a trip to annapolis to cantlers.... suddenly in the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute way to package some goodies! I love the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Those crabs are so cute. Seriously, when I saw this on pinterest (I spied on you there before coming here), I thought this was pinned directly from Pottery Barn. Another creative and useful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Maryland themed projects! super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable -- these would also be some awesome favors for a beach themed wedding! Or a 4th of July cookout... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! What a fun way to present a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, how fabulous Megan! Love, love the idea. You are brilliant girl and I am so gonna do this! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! This is so creative! I'm hosting a new linky party at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

    I would love to have you!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great idea, I love all your wrapping and gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)