Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holiday Gift Exchange

I am participating in a gift exchange through Craftaholics Anonymous and was tasked at sending a homemade gift to my draw.  I went with the semi homemade route due to my schedule this month.  I decided to take a cute little burlap pouch from the Target dollar section and add some fabric rosettes to them.  This was the first time I had made some of these, and I had a lot of fun making these little flowers.  I made about fifty of them last week while I had to sit through continuing education for my real estate license.  Thankfully I was able to pay attention and keep on wrapping these little flowers up. I used this great tutorial to learn how to make these - My Sparkle Rosette Tutorial.  

I then made a homemade candle with some vanilla sent, and wrapped it up in some coordinating fabric with the rosettes.

My partner mentioned that she liked to craft, so I sent her gift in this Ikea storage box. That way she can have a space to keep some of her craft supplies.  This was a better idea then  just using a plain old mailing box.  I just wrapped it in brown paper and sent it on its way.
 

Thank you for checking out my little gift.

Megan

Monday
Alderberry Hill
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom 
Home Stories A to Z
Todays Creative

Tuesday
A Diamond in the Stuff
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
The DIY Dreamer
Claiming Our Space
The Winthrop Chronicles
Full Circle Creations

Wednesday
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Someday Crafts
High Heels & Grills

Thursday
The Taylor House
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Western Warmth
Saving 4 Six

Friday
One Project Closer
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Craftionary
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello
Fresh Eggs Daily

Saturday
Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter
Its Overflowing

Sunday
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Brassy Apple 

17 comments:

  1. Okay...I'm totally jealous that you can sew a zipper! I love that cute little burlap pouch! I've never made a candle either...but I want to..perfect gift for anyone, anytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I bought them at target...no way I could sew anything especially a zipper. I'm still trying to get the courage to plug in the sewing machine. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet gifts! I saw those pouches at Target and love what you've done with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I guess I'm not the only one who saw those pouches?! I had to quell the temptation to load the entire stock into my cart. Seriously? How could something that cute be that cheap? And to add the flowers--just perfect. I may stop the self-control and go do what I wanted to all along! :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. your rosettes are a great addition to the pouch. Your recipient should be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are good at gift giving. All your gifts are thoughtful and beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with the other 47 rosettes:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! Pinned for inspiration. I posted "dolled up" to the Dedicated House Party:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to dress-up a little bag. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little flower roses are beautiful! Well done, and also well done on the storage box--I like useful packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little gift! I'd love for you to share this at my link party going on right now :)

    http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-weekly-creative-9-and-giveaway.html

    Have a great week!
    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like so much fun!! I want to participate in a holiday exchange at some point. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure your gift exchange partner will be thrilled! And the storage box was such a clever way to package your gifts! Can't wait to see what you get in return!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea for wrapping a gift in reusable box. I use them for so many different things too! Thanks for linking up to Think Tank Thursday last week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty gift! I love the little zippered flower pouch!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)