Saturday, August 11, 2012

Guest Room Updates

We've had a guest room that's been pretty much a place to ignore. However, we have been slowly but surely making changes. We still need to paint the entire room, but we think it's something we will do in the coming months. That means that the items I've gotten for the wall so far won't be up just yet.

I wanted to change up some pillow covers I had gotten on clearance with insert at JCPenney for $4 each a few years back.  I used some RIT dye for the first time, and made them feel like something brand new for little cost.  They went from cream to gray within five minutes of stirring the mixture around in some warm water. It was an easy update and I'm glad I finally tried it out.







 I've added them to the bed in the guest room.  Here they are along with some other items I've added to the room so far.





Table Lamps
1. Yellow from Target on clearance for $15
2. Gray a redo from Marshalls for $30

Night Stands
1. Left Side is a purchase from the Tag Sale by Elizabeth & Co for around $50.
2. Right Side is the fold in Gossip Table we received from our neighbor for free.

Bed:
1. My Aunt gave this to us a few years ago and we love the chippy paint on it.
2. Quilt Coverlet from Kohl's $30 with sale and Kohl's Cash.
3. Pillow Covers from a few Etsy Stores (Glam Design & Elmeno Pillows) and Home Goods.  Don't tell Amy at While Wearing Heels that I didn't make them myself. :)


Thanks for checking out the progress so far. Next up after my classes end will be curtains and painting the walls. 

Megan


Linking up to...


Monday
Alderberry Hill
Etcetorize 
The Gunny Sack
The Dedicated House
Adventures of a DIY Mom
Home Stories A to Z
Tip Junkie
Adventures of a DIY Mom

Tuesday
A Diamond in the Stuff
Real Housewives of Riverton
Elizabeth & Co
Romance on a Dime
The NY Melrose Family
Simply Done Wright

Wednesday
Polkadots on Parade
Southern Lovely
We Like To Learn As We Go
The Shabby Creek Cottage

Thursday
The Taylor House
Adorned From Above
At The Picket Fence
Live Laugh Rowe
A Glimpse Inside
Seven Alive
52 Mantles
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Bloom Designs
House of Hepworths
Momnivores Dilemma
Two Sasters

Friday
Simply Designing
504 Main
Redoux Interiors
Raising Oranges
Craftionary
Simply Sweet Home
The Grant Life
Just Us Four
Thrifty Handmade Days
Tatertots & Jello

Saturday
Its Overflowing
Too Much Time On My Hands
Tutus and Tea Parties
Classy Clutter

Sunday

Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
Twigg Studios
C.R.A.F.T.
My 1929 Charmer
Jam's Corner
Brassy Apple

26 comments:

  1. I like the texture of the sweater pillows. Great job, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, Megan! I've always wanted to try dying my pillows too... you make it look so easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find in the first place, and then the dye job makes them even more awesome! You've got some big projects lined up. Can't wait to see them. And....isn't Amy the best???!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gray pillows look AMAZING. What a difference going from cream to gray made. That is one super chic guest room. I think I should come visit, stay in this chic room...and teach you to sew :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh pretty - one of my favorite color combinations! My Megan has been having really good luck with dye projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your guest room! Mine is in desperate need of a makeover too. Thanks so much for stopping by posedperfection.blogspot.com and leaving me some sweet notes. I really appreciate your kind words. I am your newest follower and would love for you to visit me again and maybe click on my "Follow Me" button to add me to your GFC. Have a blessed weekend!
    ~Nici

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great!!! I love the gray, yellow & white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this space! Great color scheme and textures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cable knit pillows are so pretty! I'm too chicken to try to dye anything...although I have thought about it many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colour combo. And that headboard is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Megan, I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. If you're interested check it out at http://www.homewithbaxter.com/2012/08/sunshine-award-and-nominations.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sweater pillow! Awesome makeover!
    Thanks so much for the compliment on my Front Porch Makeover. I really appreciate it!
    I wanted to invite you to join my new linky party, Twirl & Take a Bow. It's every Tuesday. Your posts would be perfect! Stop by some time!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the texture that the pillow brings, loving the color combination of yellow and grey, so very pretty! Your guest room is very pretty, warm and welcoming! Better be careful visitors might not want to leave! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those pillows, also want the sweater pillow, looks so comfy! Great addition to the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sweater pillows! What a great looking room. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.


    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great! I'm obsessed with yellow and gray right now. Just love the combination! Visiting from My 1929 Charmer.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe you got those pillows for $4! Total steal! I've never thought of dyeing stuff. It mostly just happens by accident in the laundry. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice! Love those pillow covers and they turned out great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is cute! I really like the gray/yellow look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a simple but very effective way to makeover your pillows. I've never used fabric dye but I'm seeing lots of projects lately that make me want to change my ways!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute!! I love the gray and yellow pillows. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime's TIOT party!

    Betsy @ Romance on a dime
    http://romanceonadime.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm loving it! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the new pillows! Thank you so much for linking this great project up to the Pinworthy Projects Party over at Just Us Four!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the gray and yellow color combo. I'm planning on doing that combo in my living room. Thanks so much for sharing at Fabulous Friday. Hope to see you back this week.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)