Thursday, June 7, 2012

Accent Chair Makeover Progress



I found this chair on Craigslit a few weeks ago for $15.  The lady that I purchased it from said it was her Great-Grandmother's. I loved the back of it and the leg details.  I knew it would be the perfect desk chair for my recently redone desk. 


As you can tell the fabric on the chair needs some TLC, and I am working on finding the perfect fabric that I can use on it. I also may be searching through all my remnants in the basement for options too.




My neighbor used to help in his mother in law's upholstery business years ago so he gave me some staple removing tools and tips to remove the fabric.  I first removed the trim around the edges.


Then I removed the layers of padding and other material from underneath.  The bottom section of burlap is in wonderful shape.  It took a lot of time to remove the staples all the way around, but I am sure glad I had the tools that my neighbor let me borrow to do so.



Sorry to make this a teaser post, but with my two graduate classes and work taking up time I haven't been able to document the progress of the chair yet. I hope to refinish it because of the wonderful details in the wood. I think I may go with a turquoise fabric on the cushion.

Any suggestions are welcome because this is the first time I've tackled a project like this one.  Thanks!

Megan

3 comments:

  1. You tease :)...can't wait to see this beautiful chair redone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES- I want to See it DONE! Hurry up already! ;) Can't wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We must have the worse Craig's List in the nation - I never see anything remotely that I might want - like this beauty of a chair. I love this style, but it is very popular around here, and the prices have skyrocketed. Most of them are painted in pale pastels and distressed, then covered with a French type fabric or burlap. Can't wait to see the results. Came over from your comment on my post!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate you stopping by! We love to read every comment on here. :)